This week I made Irish Cream frosted vanilla cupcakes for a festive St. Patrick's Day celebration.
You can use your favorite cupcake or muffin recipe or try this recipe I used which is from my old Good Housekeeping cookbook.
(yields 12 full size or 18 mini)
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 3 TBLS. vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray.
- In large bowl add all the ingredients. Using an electric mixer mix on medium speed mix until all ingredients are well blended, scraping down the sides of the bowl to be sure all the batter is incorporated.
- Fill the muffin pan (dont' over-fill) about half-full.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Bake 11 minutes for mini cupcakes.
- Cool on wire racks before frosting.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 4 TBLS. butter, softened
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
- 3 TBLS. Irish Cream creamer (non-alcoholic)
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- green food coloring
- Beat cream cheese and butter in small bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until smooth. Beat in creamer. Gradually beat in powdered sugar until smooth.
I've shared this with: