I like casual meals this time of year. I always keep fresh berries and some seasonal fruit available for brunch and sometimes I just like to make breakfast for dinner.
You don't have to dig up special recipes, or spend a fortune buying the most expensive ingredients. Breakfast foods are nutritious and inexpensive and we usually have everything in our pantries.
Here is a simple menu I like to put together for a happy meal when it's least expected.
- Fruit Juice Cocktail (use sparkling water for the kids)
- Strawberry Bruschetta
- Whole Grain Pancakes with Berry Compote and Slivered Almonds
- Coffee, Tea, Hot Chocolate
Fruit Juice Cocktail
- 1 quart juice (white grape, cranberry, orange, etc.)
- sparkling water &/Or sparkling wine for the adults
- Fill each glass 2/3 full with juice then add the sparkling water or wine.
- Add a fresh berry for garnish (optional).
- Serve with or without ice.
- Fresh Strawberries
- whole grain bread slices toasted
- agave nectar
- balsamic vinegar
- Slice or chop the strawberries and add a teaspoon of agave nectar and balsamic vinegar and stir until blended. Set aside for 15 minutes.
- Cut rounds or triangles from bread slices and toast.
- Add strawberries to the toast and serve.
Whip up a batch of muffins and pancakes and enjoy a casual yet festive meal with family and friends.
I've shared this with: